Price and Lead Time
Permanent Residence Permit in Ukraine
(for persons who immigrated to Ukraine for permanent residence)
Lion's Mark Law Company provides services of obtaining the permanent residence permit in Ukraine.
According to the Law of Ukraine "On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", foreigners may immigrate to Ukraine for permanent residence or employment for a period in accordance with established procedure. Obtaining a
permanent residence permit is a subject to obtaining an immigration permit. Foreigners and stateless persons, who immigrated permanently, receive a permanent residence permit.
Immigration permit is granted to certain categories of immigrants, either within the immigration quota of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine or out of the immigration quota.
The first group: the persons within the immigration quota. The list of categories under the quota is stated in Article 4 of the Law.
- Artists and scientists necessary for the country;
- Highly qualified specialists needed in Ukraine;
- Persons who invested in the economy of Ukraine $ 100 000 and more;
- Full (siblings) brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter of the citizen of Ukraine;
- Persons who have previously been Ukrainian citizens;
- Parents, spouse and minor children of immigrants (the person who obtained permanent residence);
- Refugees and persons who received asylum (after 3 years of residence);
- Victims of trafficking in persons (after 3 years since obtaining the status).
The second group - the persons who may become immigrants in addition out of the quota.
- One of the spouses if another spouse is a citizen of Ukraine and if they have been married for more than 2 years;
- Children and parents of the citizens of Ukraine;
- Persons who are eligible for citizenship of Ukraine by territorial origin;
- Persons who are guardians or custodians of the citizens of Ukraine, or who are in the custody or under the tutelage of the citizens of Ukraine;
- Persons whose immigration is of state interest for Ukraine;
- Ukrainians abroad, foreign spouses of Ukrainians, their children, in case of common entry and residence in the territory of Ukraine.
To enter Ukraine for a permanent stay, a person permanently residing outside Ukraine shall first get permission to immigrate. After that, the diplomatic mission or consular office of Ukraine shall grant an immigrant visa, which
is valid for one year from the date of issue.
Obtaining a permanent residence in the territory of Ukraine provides the foreigners and stateless persons with significant benefits.
One of the advantages is that a foreigner or a stateless person can freely enter Ukraine
without visa any time.
- length of stay in the territory of Ukraine is not limited to the short-term stay in Ukraine (90 out of 180 days from the date of first entry);
- no need to get permission for a job placement of a foreign citizen (work permits) for the formal employment in Ukraine;
- no restrictions on combining jobs (so called “moonlighting”) due to work permit;
- permanent residence in the territory of Ukraine eliminates the need for medical insurance costs, visa fees etc., mandatory for the foreigners and stateless persons entering the territory of Ukraine;
- the period of validity of the permit for permanent residence is not limited (as opposed to a temporary residence permit which has to be renewed annually); it will be exchanged only when the holder reaches the age of 25
The list of documents required for registration of permanent residence in Ukraine:
- A standard application form from a foreigner or a stateless person to issue a certificate of permanent residence permit in Ukraine.
- Original of foreigner’s passport, a copy of the page with personal data, visa and stamp of crossing the border (or immigration card).
- Notarized Ukrainian translation of passport pages with foreigner's personal data.
- A notarized copy of the immigration permit. If the immigration permit is issued simultaneously with the permanent residence, additionally all the documents, provided by the procedure for receiving an immigration permit,
should be submitted.
- Documents on the availability of dwelling in Ukraine where a person is eligible to register.
- Medical certificates.
- Certificate of no criminal record in Ukraine.
- Certificate of no criminal record in the country of nationality.
- 4 photos (3.5x4.5 cm, matt).
- A copy of Ukrainian Tax ID number.
- Receipt confirming the payment for SMSU services.
- Receipt confirming the payment of a state fee.
- Notarized Power of Attorney to represent your interests.
Pay attention: according to the Law of Ukraine “On Freedom of Movement and Free Choice of the Place of Residence in Ukraine”, during 10 days after arrival at
the new place of residence in Ukraine the foreigner must register his residency.
To do it, one has to receive in a housing office (known as ZhEK) and then to provide the local Passport office at his residence with following documents:
- Application for registration of residency;
- Deregistration ticket (in case of changing the place of residence in Ukraine);
- Application for deregistration (in case of changing the place of residence in Ukraine at the same time);
- Documents confirming the right to stay in a dwelling: warrant, certificate of title, a contract of lease etc.
- Receipt confirming the payment of a state fee
Our services of obtaining the permanent residence permit in Ukraine include:
- Counseling on order of obtaining the permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- Drafting the necessary documents;
- Submission of the application and required documents to SMSU;
- Obtaining the permanent residence permit card.